Friday, June 1, 2007

thoughts

As I was driving today I became bombarded by thoughts. Since my brain is only capable of holding so many thoughts, I kinda went into overwhelm mode. But then, I went into calm mode.

Some of things going through my mind were things that have to do with the upcoming summer and God. I don't want second-hand faith. I want a full, personal experience, not something I read about in a book. I don't want to just feel good on sundays or thurday nights. I don't want rules. I don't want to be a cookie-cutter Christian. In fact, I don't want to be put into that mold at all. I want to have an incredibly relationship with the Maker of the Universe. I want substance, I want intimacy, I want more than what I am getting right now but I can't seem to get out of my rut.

As hard as it has been for me to make the decision to go to Tahoe, I truly feel that this is where God wants me to be and I just take hope in that He will provide.

No comments: