Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Lord is Good

As I reflect on the past couple of weeks, I thought about titling this blog post "Lost in Transition" as we are right in the midst of transition.

The place we are living at is not our home. We moved out of our apartment at the end of our lease, and in doing so put all of our eggs in the proverbial "lets buy a house" basket. Over the course of the last year our plans have changed so much, we went back and forth on whether or not we should invest in a house, where we should live, and what job(s) to have. One thing led to another and we put an offer down on a house back in April, of which we are still waiting to hear back on. It is a short sale, which means it takes a loooonnngg time. The name is truly misleading. 

Either way, we have been waiting since then. Even since then our plans have changed! But God remains the same. And for that I am eternally thankful.

Things have changed, things are always changing. I've heard it said that the only constant thing in life is change. That is very true, but the only exception to that is Jesus. He never changes. 

[hmm, the only exception to most things is Jesus]

God is good. He is good, He has always been good, and He will always be good. And yet why do I even doubt or question that He has it under control? I was anxious about moving into my parents bonus room/apartment over their garage as we wait to hear back on the house. What will people think of us? And why the heck are we back in Maple Valley? Although that specific worry has seemed to be quickly taken care of. Since we've moved back I feel like I'm discovering Maple Valley all over again, I don't feel like I'm going back to this place of intense familiarity. 

Other thoughts weigh me down: what about our community group? We have fallen in love with the community that God has blessed us, we enjoyed a great year of living in a wonderful area, close to good friends, and a great church. God used a lot of the time there to grow me - He provided me with a wonderful group of women that I got to meet with for Bible Study every Thursday. I also had a great time of prayer with a friend every Monday. I received great joy from those times, and it was also a time where I was able to be real and I trusted that the women would point me back to Jesus. 

So, I worry. 

I worry about whether or not we can or should stay at that community group now that we are 25 min away. But at the same time, God blessed me with them in the first place during a time that I missed the community back at Central. Not only that, but He allowed us to move during a time (summer) when the Thursday morning Bible study was taking a break, so I didn't need to feel left out. Sweet things like that remind me of our Creator's goodness - He cares about every intricate detail and never changes.

I matter to God.

Not because of anything that I have done.

But because of everything that He has.

So, I will not worry.

No comments: