Friday, May 8, 2009

Thank you computer, for 3 lovely years

My computer crashed last night. You may be wondering how I am typing this right now if my computer isn't working. Well, I'm at work.. shhh

I think whenever the weather is nice it puts me in a better mood. I absolutely love the sun, and I absolutely love the summer. God has been providing in wonderful ways and I am hopeful that this summer will be one of rest, peace, and enjoyment.

This year has been crazy, i've lived at a different place each quarter. Each time I move I feel a sense of relief that I won't have to move for a while. Then a few months go by, and here I am, moving again! I guess I've learned to know that no matter what my plans are, God's always prevail.

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." ~ Psalm 19:21

And even in the midst of stress, I see ways that God has provided and had all of these events in the last year not happened, I would not be where I am right now. I moved out of the dorms after fall quarter only to move in with a roommate that I also really enjoyed at Student Village. She ended up transferring at the end of Winter Quarter. When she told me she was leaving, I decided that I wanted to look off campus. The problem with that is the fact that I wouldn't have any furniture to move in with! A few days after that, she came to me and told me that she was leaving all of the furnitire with me, if I didn't mind. Of course I didn't mind! I got a free couch out of the deal! Then, I found an apartment but the only thing that the apartment was missing was a microwave. I figured that that wouldn't be a big deal to find, and when I went back to the apartment, my roommate offered me her microwave! Seems little, but Praise the Lord! He provides even the littlest things.

So then I move everything into my current apartment where Tim and I decide we are going to live in after we get married. We decided to live in Ellensburg over the summer in order to save a little bit of money (rent in ellensburg, for a two bedroom, nice, newly remodeled apartment is $610, and a one bedroom not-so-nice apartment in the ghetto on the westside is $850). If that wasn't enough, our old Bible Study leaders came up to us a few weeks ago and offered to have us live in their house for free over the summer while they are gone in Colorado for CRU Staff training! Praise the Lord! Not only could we have just lived off of Tim's salary in our apartment over the summer, we are now blessed with the opportunity to save even more money! God is providing!

I guess I write those stories out as reminders for myself. God provides in huge and small ways, and it's when I feel like He is distant that I need to remember those things. So, I will choose to reflect on those things and know that God does not leave me a lone.

No comments: