Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Four Eyes

Just got my glasses in the mail today!

This is a big deal.

like.

Big Deal.

Excited, aren't you?!

Thats what I thought.

Here they are in all their glory


I desperately needed new glasses. But I didn't want to spend the money. We have crappy vision insurance but it covers nearly nothing and I can't find any place that accepts it. And needless to say, I wasn't excited about spending $200 + on an exam and glasses (having a baby and all, expenses add up!). Plus, I know that pregnancy changes your vision so I didn't want to get one prescription only to need another one in a few months. 

Then on Facebook I saw that Coastal Contacts was giving away 10,00 pairs of FREE glasses. Yes, FREE. All you needed to do was know your prescription (-0.75 thankyouverymuch) and pay shipping ($18 yo). I thought, why not? So I ordered them.

I especially wanted my glasses for Easter. Our church is having Easter service at Qwest Field, praying for 20,000 people to attend and over 500 baptisms. I so wanted to be able to see for that! But when I ordered the glasses they said due to the high volume of orders it would take 3-4 weeks, not til mid-May. 

But I got them today!!!! Thank you Jesus!

New Update:

Since I started this blog post, Easter came and went and was amazing! And I could SEE! Praise the Lord! It was a huge blessing to be able to celebrate Jesus with 17,500 others and saw over 700 baptisms! For more info, and to watch the Easter sermon, check out Mars Hill here.

No comments: