Monday, March 28, 2011

Baby


Tim and I are having a baby. We found out on March 12th and it has been so hard to keep it a secret.

So, I trust the Lord and rejoice in the gift He has given us. This, for me, is an act of obedience to trust Him with our baby, with my body, with my worries, and with my relationship with Tim.

I suppose this all makes it sound somewhat of a surprise, accident if you will. It wasn't. It just took 1 month. And it was a huge step of faith for me.

The Lord is so good though, He has been so sweet to me to prepare my heart and walk with me. He knew that I feel unequipped, so He is equipping me. He knew that it probably wouldn't be an easy decision, or rather, one that I felt I had to make and carry the heavy burden of knowing when we should start a family. God knew that it would be too much for me to carry, and He is good. So rather than leave me to my own thoughts and desires, He spoke to me.

Clear and with authority. "do you trust Me?"

so I trust.

When I let myself think about the future, I can freak out and worry how I am going to be able to do everything. But when think about today, trust God for the grace I need moment by moment, I feel a quite and powerful peace.

God has carried me this far, and He will continue to carry me.

1 comment:

Tay said...

You have always been such a beautiful writer. I know that even when you stress and fear the worse, your faith will continue to guide you. For that I am thankful.